Thursday 15 September 2016

Strong Female Characters in Contemporary US Cinema


I am now focusing on strong female characters and how they are represented in todays popular films. My focus films are: The Silence of the Lambs, Room and Ghostbusters. These films are useful because they break the stereotypical norms for a female character in film.
 









The selected context in my SSRP is Gender, this is because I am exploring female lead roles in popular US films and how these female characters are represented and breaking the stereotypical norms. Gender will be my key area of research as I will be comparing how my focus films break the boundaries of the typical female character compared to your damsel in distress. I will also look into the controversy of female leads in film, for example: Ghostbusters and how audiences were shocked at the high quantity of female lead roles.

No comments:

Post a Comment